Mondo website editing guidelines¶
Updated 2019-08-19 by Nicole Vasilevsky
- In the terminal, navigate to your local directory, such as
git checkout gh-pages
- it is recommended to do a pull request from the gh-pages branch
bundle exec jekyll serve -l- this will allow you to view the website in real time, as you make edits.
- The output should look like below:
Configuration file: /Users/vasilevs/git/mondo/_config.yml
Incremental build: disabled. Enable with --incremental
Invalid theme folder: _sass
Remote Theme: Using theme mmistakes/minimal-mistakes
Jekyll Feed: Generating feed for posts
Pagination: Pagination is enabled, but I couldn't find an index.html page to use as the pagination template. Skipping pagination.
GitHub Metadata: No GitHub API authentication could be found. Some fields may be missing or have incorrect data.
done in 4.67 seconds.
Auto-regeneration: enabled for '/Users/vasilevs/git/mondo'
LiveReload address: http://127.0.0.1:35729
Server address: http://127.0.0.1:4000/mondo/
Server running... press ctrl-c to stop.
- Open the link http://127.0.0.1:4000/mondo/. Note: you can right click on the URL and open URL
- Make your changes to the website files.
- Control c to end session
- Commit changes to github:
git add -A;git commit -m "update webpage";git push