Creating a New Annotation Property in Protege¶
- Go to the Annotation properties tab.
Add a new property using the “+” (similar to adding a class)
Name the annotation property
The IRI for annotation properties should do not have numerical ID.
The convention for Annotation Property IRI in Mondo is :
- mondo = ontology where the property is created
new_property = name of the annotation property, preceded by #¶
In order to create this IRI, manually add the IRI when creating the annotation property, as shown here:
- Add annotations to this new property.
This can be done by adding “Annotations” as would be done for any other class. Annotation required:
- is_metadata_tag with ‘true’ (added as literal)
- "is_metadata_tag" MUST be added when adding a new annotation property in obo, in order to obo to recognize the new annotation property.
- Even though no other annotations are required for annotation properties, it is a idea to add a comment or other useful informationt hat would allow someone to re-use the annotation property. Minimal required information is proposed here .